Most of the programs at Purdue University require the following from a student seeking readmission:
- 12 semester credit hours earned at a regionally accredited institution (not remedial or developmental and the 12 credit hours must be taken in a single fall or spring semester). If you have been academically dropped from Purdue for a second time, you must complete at least 24 credit hours at another institution.
- No individual grades less than C-.
- Overall GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Some programs may deny qualified applicants because of space constraints.
As with all transfer credit, grades will not transfer but are required to establish that you are ready for success at Purdue. Consult your academic advisor if you have questions about course selection. Check the online transfer credit course equivalency guide for course equivalencies.
Program-Specific Criteria or Exceptions
Guide to using the table below
- Science/Math Required - Your coursework at another institution must include science or math
- Consider CODOs - Programs that will consider applicants who were dropped from a different Purdue program (if they meet the requested program's CODO requirements).
- Work or Military Experience - Programs that will consider work or military experience as part of the readmission evaluation.
|Program||Science/Math Required||Consider CODOs||Work or Military Experience||Special Requirements/ Exceptions/Notes|
|College of Agriculture||Yes, for science-based majors||Yes||No||—|
|College of Education||No||Yes||No||—|
|College of Engineering||Yes||No||No||—|
|Engineering (First-year Engineering)||Yes||No||Yes - if employment is greater than one month||No individual grades less than C. Requires a letter of recommendation from current professor, military superior or current employment supervisor|
|Industrial Engineering||Yes, when appropriate||No||No||No summer readmission|
|Mechanical Engineering||Yes, when appropriate||No||No||No individual grades less than B|
|Exploratory Studies||No||Yes||No||If readmitted, you can complete a maximum of 60 credit hours or 4 semesters in Exploratory Studies. For CODOs, you cannot have more than 83 college credit hours total (all institutions) prior to enrollment.|
|College of Health and Human Sciences||Yes||Yes||No||—|
|College of Liberal Arts||No||Yes||No||—|
|School of Management||Math Only||Yes||No||—|
|College of Pharmacy||Yes||Yes||No||3.0 GPA Required|
|Construction Management||Yes||Yes||Yes||3.0 GPA Required|
|Polytech Institute Statewide Programs||Yes||Yes||Yes||Kokomo/Lafayette: summer begins one week earlier than Purdue West Lafayette|
|College of Science||Yes||Yes||No||No individual grade less than B|
|Veterinary Nurse||No||No||Yes||Students dropped from the Veterinary Nurse Distance Learning program will not be considered for readmission to the on-campus Veterinary Nurse program.|