Purdue University Office of Admissions logo

Academic Renewal

Following is information to help you understand what academic renewal is and who may qualify. Visit the University Regulations website for the official Academic Renewal Policy

  • Upon academic renewal, all Purdue coursework completed prior to renewal will receive zero credit. This previous coursework is not counted toward your credit hour total or your GPA.

  • The original course grade record will remain unchanged on your transcript.

  • To be considered for academic renewal, you must have been away from Purdue West Lafayette for at least five years.

Do you qualify for Academic Renewal?
  1. Have you returned to the West Lafayette campus within the last 12 months?

  2. Have you been away from Purdue West Lafayette for at least five years?

  3. Would it be advantageous for you to have your prior course credits and GPA zeroed out of your record at Purdue and not have them counted toward your current curriculum requirements? (Consult with your academic advisor prior to answering this question.)

  4. Have you completed or will you soon complete at least 12 credit hours at the West Lafayette campus?

  5. Are you in good standing as a Purdue student according to University Policy?

If you answered yes to all of these questions, you may qualify for academic renewal. Complete the form linked below and submit it to admissions@purdue.edu. If you have questions, call the Office of Admissions at 765-494-1776.

Request for Academic Renewal
  Please note, academic renewal does not impact your status with the Division of Financial Aid. If you have questions about financial aid eligibility, contact the Division of Financial Aid directly.
Share this page: