Readmission after Academic Dismissal
If you have been academically dropped from Purdue and wish to reapply you should review the following information carefully. This material will help you understand the readmission process and requirements to get you back on track to Purdue.
Readmission is not automatic or guaranteed, and it’s your responsibility to understand and complete all of the steps in the readmission process.
If you’re on academic probation you will be dropped at the end of any fall or spring semester in which your semester and cumulative GPA is less than a 2.0.
- If you have been dropped for the first time, you may not return to Purdue for at least one fall or spring semester.
- If you have been dropped for the second time, you may not return to Purdue for at least two full semesters, summers not included.
- You cannot enroll at Purdue West Lafayette, Purdue Northwest, Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW), Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), or a Purdue Polytechnic Statewide location until you have successfully completed the readmission process.
There are several steps you must complete before applying for readmission to Purdue. Use the readmission checklist to understand and complete these steps.
There is no appeal process for academic dismissal. Make sure all your assigned grades are accurate. If a grade is changed because of a reporting error, your GPA will be recalculated, which may affect the drop decision.
You may be eligible for an exception if,
- You have 15 or fewer credit hours to complete your degree and can take all of your remaining courses in a single semester.
- There are extenuating circumstances beyond your control, typically serious health issues.
- You have been away from Purdue for five years or more, at which point you may qualify for academic renewal. However, you will still have to apply for readmission consideration.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 765-494-1776 if you believe you may qualify for an exception.