Pre-Environmental Studies serves as a portal for students with an interest in environmental studies who are uncertain as to the particular area or specific program of study in which to enroll. The program allows students to explore specific departmental programs during their first year before selecting a major.
Environmental Programs (Academic Department)
- Applied Meteorology (Agronomy)
- Ecology, Evolutionary, and Population Biology (Biology)
- Environmental and Natural Resources Engineering (Ag. Biological Engineering)
- Environmental Chemistry (Chemistry)
- Ecological and Environmental Engineering (Interdisciplinary Engineering)
- Environmental Health Sciences (Health Sciences)
- Environmental Politics and Policy (Political Science)
- Soil and Hydrologic Sciences (Agronomy)
- Natural Resources and Environmental Decision Making (Forestry and Natural Resources)
- Natural Resources and Environmental Science
The pre-environmental studies program of study is expected to:
1. For undecided students with an interest in some aspect of science and the environment, provide the opportunity to take courses and explore specific departmental programs during their first year before selecting a departmental major.
2. Satisfy minimum first-year course requirements in various environmental science-related programs offered in the colleges of agriculture, engineering, and science.
3. Provide students with the opportunity to take courses that will facilitate exposure to multiple fields of environmental study and opportunities.