Entomology is the science of insects and related organisms. Entomologists protect human and animal health, food, and property, and natural environments by better understanding the biology and ecology of insects. Entomologists work as scientists, educators, technicians, consultants, and specialists in urban, agricultural, and natural environments to prevent the spread of disease, feed the world, promote biodiversity, protect the environment, solve crimes, strengthen biosecurity, and teach science. Careers and interests in entomology are as diverse as the insects they work on.
Points of Pride
- One of the top entomology programs in the country
- Small classes with award-winning professors
- Curricula in entomology, industrial pest control, preveterinary medicine, human medicine, and prelaw
- Opportunities for research and international study
- Many scholarships and internships available